South Indian • Gluten Free • Indian
View delivery time and booking fee.
Location and hours
89 Candleriggs, Glasgow G1 1np, Uk,
|01:00 PM - 09:30 PM||Menu|
|Monday - Friday|
|12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||Menu|
|05:00 PM - 09:30 PM||Menu|
|01:00 PM - 09:30 PM||Menu|
89 Candleriggs, Glasgow G1 1np, Uk, • More info
- Chepalu UrundaiA fsherman’s snack, these hand-shaped croquettes of chopped haddock and ginger are fried to a crisp golden brown.£5.95
- Chemmeen VaruthathuKing prawns and peppers, tossed together with a tangy tomato and garlic sauce. Irresistible!£5.95Spicy
- Mamsam Pepper FryA delicacy served in tiny nondescript shops all across Kerala, this is pan-seared lamb with black pepper and green chillies. Its favour is the stuff of legend.£5.75Spicy
- Karveipullei KoliShreds of chicken favoured with crushed curry leaves. From the rustic hamlets of rural Tamil Nadu.£5.50
- Lona Esi Putta GodugulaSpicy coconut flled button mushrooms. Melts in the mouth to release an explosion of favours.£4.95Vegetarian - Spicy
- Batata BondaSof battered dumplings of spiced potato, based on a classical South Indian recipe found in an old 12th-century manuscript, the Mānasollāsa.£4.95Vegetarian
- Keerai BhajjiA popular street-side snack, these fritters of fresh spinach and onions are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.£4.95Vegetarian
- RasamSeen as comfort food for many in the region, this is a thin and tangy soup made with an unusual blend of tamarind, lentils, tomatoes, and peppery spices.£4.95Vegetarian - Spicy
- Pedda RoyyaluFresh jumbo tiger prawns with a light marinade of ginger, garlic, cumin, and crushed bay leaves. An undeniable splendour of the seas£29.95
- Meen ChuttathuSof and juicy Scottish monkfsh, assorted peppers, a delightful marinade and a slight charring to bring out its unique flavour.£21.50
- Meen RostGrilled Scottish salmon with aromatics, spiced yoghurt and chunks of assorted peppers. A taste of South India’s calm coastal backwaters.£18.95Spicy
- Varutha AttukariSlow roasted lamb fllet with a gentle marinade of herbs, spices and coconut underlying its superb flavour.£15.95
- Varutha KoliSof succulent chicken breast with a hot yet subtle coating of ginger, garlic, and red chillies.£13.95Spicy
- Palkatti PollichathuSlices of cottage cheese and mixed peppers marinated with flavourful herbs, yoghurt, and coconut.£11.95
- Theeyil Chutta SangamamServes two. A majestic assortment of fame cooked monkfsh, lamb, and chicken.£29.95
- Idli SambharIdli soaked in sambhar and served with tengai chutney on the side.£13.95Vegetarian
- Vada SambharWada soaked in Sambhar and served with tengai chutney on the side.£13.95Vegetarian
- Idli Vada SambharIdli and Wada soaked in Sambhar and served with Tengai Chutney on the side.£13.95Vegetarian
- Masala UttapamThick pancakes of ground rice and lentils, usually served with a topping.Always served with sambhar and tengai chutney. An uttapam topped with a mixture of grated coconut, red onions, tomatoes, and green chillies.£15.95Vegetarian - Spicy
- Masala DosaA dosa with a traditional savoury spiced potato flling. A classic South Indian dish.£13.95Vegetarian
- Palkatti Masala DosaHomemade cottage cheese makes for a great filling in this dosa.£14.95
- Koli DosaA serving of well-spiced chicken in a rolledup dosa.£16.95
- Mamsam DosaA dosa with a splendid flling of lamb, green peas, curry leaves, and spices.£17.95
- Samundra DosaA seafood lover’s delight! Prawns and fsh, chopped together, spiced, sauteed, and rolled in a dosa.£19.95
- Yera BiryaniCooked with king prawns.£19.95
- Mamsam BiryaniCooked with tender lamb.£17.95
- Kodi BiryaniCooked with soft succulent chicken breast.£16.95
- Kaikari BiryaniCooked with mixed seasonal vegetables.£13.95
The Ocean’s Lure
- Yetti MasalaFresh jumbo tiger prawns, lightly fried and cooked in a thick favorful sauce of onions, tomatoes, and coconut.£22.95Spicy
- Meen PulliThis quintessential dish from the Malabar coast has Scottish prime salmon in a spicy, tangy sauce of tamarind and red chillies.£19.95Very Spicy
- Ellayil Poricha MeenMediterranean sea bream fllet with a spiced marinade, wrapped in a banana leaf and pan fried. Old world cooking at its finest!£19.95
- Meen MoileeFresh Scottish monkfsh stewed with coconut milk, onions, tomatoes, and lemon. A dish with immaculate spice and flavour.£19.95
- Chemmeen KariA delicate preparation of king prawns, coconut, ginger, and curry leaves. Wonderfully subtle yet arresting.£18.95
Pick of the Poultry
- Poondu KoliA fery chicken dish with the intense heat of red chillies complemented with ginger and plenty of garlic. Not for the faint-hearted!£13.95Very Spicy
- Mysore Chilli KoliChicken cooked in a blend of onions, tomatoes, coconut milk, and green chillies. From the old Kingdom of Mysore.£13.95Spicy
- Chettinad KoliWith intense flavours of freshly ground spices and gently warming black pepper, this chicken dish is a speciality of the Chettiar spice traders.£13.95Spicy
- Kozhi StewAn aromatic stew of chicken, coconut milk, potatoes, carrots, and exotic spices. Brought to the shores of Kerala in the 1500s by Portuguese sailors.£13.95
- Kori MangaloreanTis delicious chicken preparation contains a charming mixture of diferent fragrant spices combined with the mild richness of coconut milk.£13.95
Treats of Lamb
- Masa KondhapurThis hot lamb preparation is typical of the cuisine of Kondhapur known for its richness and liberal use of red chillies.£14.95Very Spicy.
- Venchina MamsamFresh ginger and a touch of black pepper to bring out the taste of lamb in this time-tested recipe from Andhra Pradesh.£14.95Spicy.
- Erachi MappasSoft succulent lamb chops and rich coconut milk; this dish is an old favourite of the Syrian diaspora of Kerala.£16.95Spicy.
- Mamsam NilgiriFrom the forested hill stations of Ooty, this herby lamb dish of mint and coriander is wholesome and so refreshing.£14.95
- Atterachi Thengai KariThe fragrant aroma of cardamom and fennel, the richness of coconut milk and the tenderness of lamb make this dish a delight to the senses.£14.95
Vegan / Vegetarian
- Gutti Vankaya MasalaWhole aubergines shallow fried, cooked with onions, tomatoes and an assortment of herbs and spices. A vegetarian splendour.£10.95Vegan.
- Bendakaya PulusuAn okra dish cooked with tamarind, onions, tomatoes, and mustard seeds. An Andhra speciality with complex flavours.£10.95Vegan.
- Batata Keerai SoungCubes of fried potatoes, shredded spinach and tomatoes cooked with mustard seeds and coconut.£10.95Vegan.
- Kai KurmaAn exquisite preparation of green beans, garden peas and carrots with coconut milk and subtle spices.£10.95Vegan.
- Battani GodugulaButton mushrooms, green peas and tomatoes simmered with mustard seeds, coconut, and fresh coriander.£9.95Vegan.
- Keerai MacialA wholesome preparation of yellow lentils and shredded spinach simmered with subtle spices and coconut milk.£8.95Vegan.
- AvialA melange of seasonal vegetables, fresh coconut, curry leaves and yoghurt — deliciously simple and complex at the same time.£10.95
- Palkatti ChettinadPaneer and mushrooms cooked with onions, intensely flavoured with black pepper.£11.95Spicy.
- Telengana PalkattiA mild preparation of cottage cheese with coconut milk blended with onion, tomatoes, and mustard seeds.£11.95
- Sada DosaA simple, thin crêpe of ground rice and lentils.£3.95Vegetarian.
- ChillaA soft, thin and savoury bread of gram flour with fenugreek.£3.95Vegetarian.
- AppamLacy, soft and bowl-shaped hoppers of fermented rice and coconut milk.£4.95Vegetarian.
- Siru UttapamSoft pancakes of ground rice and lentil with a variety of toppings tomatoes, red onions, and coconut.£4.95Vegetarian.
- Thosai ThattuA delightful assortment of three different South Indian breads chilla, appam and siru uttapam.£5.50Vegetarian.
- Paper DosaCrispy, delicate and paper-thin, this golden brown crêpe spans two to three feet.£6.95Vegetarian.
- Keerai KootuShredded spinach sautéed with grated coconut and subtle spices. Fresh and fragrant.£4.95Vegetarian.
- SambharSeasonal vegetables, lentils, tamarind, and roasted spices, stewed together create the most popular South Indian staple.£4.95Vegetarian.
- PodimasA flavoursome Tamilian speciality of potatoes cooked with coconut, lentils and curry leaves.£4.95
- SundalA nutritious delicacy of black chickpeas, tossed together with a hint of tomatoes, onions, herbs and spices.£4.95
- TarkariA delectable jumble of fresh tomatoes, cucumber, radish, carrots, and red onions with a sprinkling of spiced lemon juice.£3.95Vegetarian.
- PachadiCucumber soaked in refreshing cool yoghurt, flavoured with cumin, mustard seeds, and coriander.£3.95
- Thengai AnnamBasmati rice with grated coconut and mustard seeds.£3.95Vegetarian.
- Nimmakai AnnamLemon juice, mustard seeds, lentils, and curry leaves flavour this aromatic basmati rice preparation.£3.75Vegetarian.
- AnnamSteamed basmati rice.£3.50Vegetarian.
- Thengai ChutneyMade from fresh coconut, herbs and spices, this chutney is one of the most common condiments in Southern India.£2.95Vegetarian.
- Mysore ChutneyA spicy coconut chutney for those who like a bit of heat.£2.95Vegetarian - Spicy.
- Manga PickleSpicy, salty, pickle made from unripe mangoes and red chillies.£2.50Vegetarian - Very Spicy.
- CHOCOLATE BROWNIEServed warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.£5.95
- THENGAI MITHAIThis delectable coconut fudge pudding is topped with dates. Quite tempting and quite irresistible.£5.95
- PAAL PAYASAMA traditional cardamom flavoured pudding of rice and sweetened milk. Served warm.£4.95
SOFT DRINKS / MINERAL WATER
- Still Water330ml Bottle£2.50
- Sparkling Water330ml Bottle£2.50
- Still Water 1Litre1 Litre Bottle£4.95
- Sparkling Water 1Litre1 Litre Bottle£4.95
- Coca-Cola330ml Bottle£3.25
- Diet Coke330ml Bottle£3.25
- Coca-Cola Zero SugarZero Sugar 330ml Bottle£3.25
- Irn Bru330ml Bottle£3.25
- Irn Bru Sugar-FreeSugar-Free 330ml Bottle£3.25
- Appletiser275ml Bottle£2.95
- Fentimans Ginger Beer275ml Bottle£3.25
Beer / Cider
- Kingfisher330ml BottleUnavailable•£3.95
- Peroni (Gluten Free)(Gluten Free) 330ml BottleUnavailable•£3.95
- Bombay Bicycle IPA330ml BottleUnavailable•£3.95
- Krombacher (Low Alcohol)(Low Alcohol) 330ml BottleUnavailable•£3.75
- Magners Original568ml BottleUnavailable•£3.95
- Peacock Mango & Lime500ml BottleUnavailable•£4.95
- Châteauneuf-du-PapeGuillaume Gonnet, Rhone, France The Rhone classic - cherries and blackberries, a hint of garrigue, olives and spiceUnavailable•£56.95
- Barbera d’Asti SuperioreLe Rocchette, Tenuta Olim Bauda, Piedmont, Italy Elegant and sophisticated, velvety fresh fruits, cocoa and cinnamon.Unavailable•£44.95
- Pinot NoirSherwood Estate, Waipara, New Zealand Violet-laced red berries overlaid with nuances of spice and mocha.Unavailable•£32.95
- Rioja CrianzaBodegas Manzanos, Rioja, Spain Fresh, fruity and well-balanced with sensations of raspberries, vanilla and cinnamon. RECOMMENDED WITH HERBY DISHES AND LAMB.Unavailable•£28.95
- Corvina / Cabernet SauvignonBiscardo, Veneto, Italy Delicate spices, cherries and dark red fruits. Rich and rounded. BEST ENJOYED WITH SPICY FOODUnavailable•£26.96
- Shiraz CabernetOne Chain Vineyards, South Eastern Australia Lush black fruits with touches of spice and cassis. BEST ENJOYED WITH RICH, COCONUTTY DISHESUnavailable•£22.95
- MerlotCosta Vera Central Valley, Chile Soft, super juicy, ripe plums with a long, smooth finish. BEST ENJOYED WITH HERBY DISHESUnavailable•£21.95
- TempranilloCentelleo La Mancha, Spain Juicy brambles and cherries, hints of spiceUnavailable•£18.95
- ChablisDomaine Michaut Freres, Burgundy, France Mineral driven and elegant with fresh floral notes and a hint of the sea.Unavailable•£39.95
- Sancerre BlancDomaine Daulny, Loire, France Classic Sauvignon Blanc; pure, crisp, grassy and racyUnavailable•£38.95
- ViognierCôtes du Rhône Blanc, Le Rêveur, Guillaume Gonnet, Rhône, France Le Rêveur means ‘the dreamer’. Time to wake up because this Côtes du Rhône Blanc is a dream come trueUnavailable•£29.95
- Sauvignon BlancMayfly, Marlborough, New Zealand Just what you expect from Marlborough; crisp gooseberries, Granny Smith apples and exotic tropical and Guava notes. BEST ENJOYED WITH SEAFOOD AND SPICY DISHESUnavailable•£28.95
- Pinot GrigioOrsino, Sicily, Italy Crisp, light and fresh and full of zesty citrus. BEST ENJOYED WITH HERBY DISHESUnavailable•£24.95
- RieslingNostros Reserva, Bio Bio, Chile Intense lime and lemon with a hint of fora, refreshing, zesty, dry and very food-friendly. BEST ENJOYED WITH SPICY FOODUnavailable•£22.95
- ChardonnayUmbrele Viile, Timisului, Romania Crisp, ample, ripe tropical fruits, oh so easy. BEST ENJOYED WITH RICH, COCONUTTY DISHESUnavailable•£21.95
- AirénCastillo del Moro La Mancha, Spain Green apple fruit combined with a touch of grapefruit.Unavailable•£18.95
- Cabernet Sauvignon RoséIndómita Central Valley, Chile Juicy summer fruits; strawberries and raspberries. RECOMMENDED WITH SPICY DISHESUnavailable•£21.95
- Pinot Grigio RoséLa Farfalla Veneto, Italy Elegant and sophisticated, velvety fresh fruits, cocoa and spiceUnavailable•£20.95
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
- Dom PérignonChampagne, France The finest of all Champagnes; soft and complex, consistent and brilliant.Unavailable•£199.95
- Laurent-Perrier Rosé NVChampagne, France The fashion statement in Champagne – elegant and crisp with soft, strawberry fruit and a long creamy finish.Unavailable•£79.95
- Pierre Mignon NVChampagne, France A crisp, elegant Champagne with hints of lemon overlaid with touches of briocheUnavailable•£49.95
- Prosecco Spumante DOCBella Modella, Veneto, Italy Deliciously frothy & filled with ripe apple and citrus.Unavailable•£27.95
- Prosecco Frizzante DOCCasa Defra, Veneto, Italy A beautifully fruity frizzante. 200ML MINI BOTTLEUnavailable•£6.95
Dakhin has a FHIS rating of Pass. This information was updated on 30/08/2020. The current rating is on their page on the FSS Website. Allergies, intolerances and dietary requirements: Before ordering, please contact the restaurant directly and ask to speak to a member of staff who can assist if you require information about ingredients and help cater for your needs.