What could be better than a picnic in a San Francisco park? A picnic you can have delivered, of course. Connect to UberEATS in San Francisco and have traditional sandwiches, crepes, or even burgers delivered straight to wherever you lay your blanket. We’ve scoped out some of the city’s most scenic parks to help you plan the perfect picnic, whether you’re seeking a romantic outing or having fun with friends.
1. John McLaren Park For a spur-of-the-moment lunch date or a large planned event, John McLaren Park has the atmosphere and amenities. Large picnic areas along with tennis courts and restrooms make this 312-acre park the perfect spot for a family reunion, holiday gathering, or a simple lunch for two. (118 John F Shelley Dr, San Francisco, CA 94134)
2. Hellman Hollow Hellman Hollow is a popular choice for outside fun with friends and family, and many locals will tell you it’s the best place in the city to spend a beautiful day outside. Picnic tables are available for organized events, along with a large stretch of lush green grass for sports, lounging, or a picnic on a blanket. Order some subs for easy eating, or enjoy a more exotic outing with Thai food. And don’t forget dessert; you’ll be happy to know Creations Dessert House is one of many local eateries that delivers to this popular picnic spot through UberEATS. (JFK Drive and 25th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94121)
3. Lafayette Park If you like your burgers served with an awe-inspiring view, Lafayette Park is the place for your next outdoor meal. This park is less crowded than others in the area, a gem atop a hill overlooking the marina on one side and the outskirts of downtown San Francisco on the other. Friendly to dogs and children alike, Lafayette Park features a playground, a small water park, and play area for your pooch. It’s the perfect place for a picnic with the whole family. (Gough St & Washington St, San Francisco, CA 94109)
4. Holly Park The newly renovated Holly Park, one of the oldest parks in the city, is a wonderful choice for a quick lunch break, or a nice spot to bring the kids for an appetizing activity to break up the monotony of a lazy Sunday afternoon. A small playground helps the kids burn off energy, and you can also burn off your meal on the basketball or tennis courts. On a hot summer day, the shady picnic area stays cool and comfortable. But on a chilly day, bring a coat, as the hilltop park does tend to get windy. (Holly Park Circle, San Francisco, CA 94110)
5. Alta Plaza Park One of San Francisco’s more popular picnic spots, Alta Plaza Park is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. And it’s no wonder, with its clean restrooms, a giant playground, and a breathtaking view of the San Francisco skyline. Tennis and basketball courts are also available for one-on-one. You’ll want to leave time after lunch to stroll up Alta Plaza Park’s grand staircase for the best view. (Jackson Street & Steiner Street, San Francisco, CA 94115)
6. Elk Glen Picnic Area Order burgers, barbecue, or even gyros, and enjoy them in San Francisco’s legendary Golden Gate Park in the vast tree-lined meadow known as the Elk Glen Picnic Area. Tucked in the shade across from Mallard Lake, this is a great place for a family picnic. Permits are required for big groups, but if you’re just looking for a quiet place to relax amidst the beauty of nature, you’ll find it here. (1017 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, San Francisco, CA 94122)